Yup, I’m opening the vaults, telling all the secrets, spreading the joy, the yummy foodies that I cook all the time but have an especially perfect vibe and taste to make for holiday parties and family get togethers. Enjoy. Share. And tell me how it goes.
Sage/Butternut Squash Soup
2 red onions
4 celery stalks
3 garlic cloves
1 sprig of fresh rosemary
1 large butternut squash – peeled and cubed
1 carton of chicken stock
1 handful of fresh sage leaves
A nice Ciabatta bread
1. Simmer butternut squash and carrots in a large soup pot with half the carton of chicken broth until soft…
2. In a large frying pan saute in 3 tablespoons of olive oil, cut-up celery, onions, chopped garlic and the chopped rosemary until cooked.
3. Combine the veggies into the squash/carrot pot and ladle the mixture into a food processor or blender to puree… or if you have an electric hand held blender to just put into the pot.
4. Rinse and dry off the large frying pan… add a few tblspoons of good olive oil and heat.
5. Add the sage leaves and turn until crispy and remove and keep on the side.
6. Slice two thick slices per person of the bread add a few at a time into the sage infused hot olive oil and crip up the bread – don’t burn it and turn over – removing each piece when it’s “toasted.”
To serve soup:
Put one slice of bread on the bottom of each bowl and ladle soup on top… add a second slice of bread and a crisp sage leaf.
Crazy yummy soup!!!