10 Lifestyle changes for 2014:
1) Pick something from your “I’m afraid to” list and do it! Start the year with confidence.
• Speak to a crowd
• Call a feuding relative or friend and apologize
• Dye your hair
• Drive on the freeway
• Talk to strangers at a bar or party
• Say I love you
• Pop the question
• Have a good cry
2) Make your “want to learn” list and pick one for the year.
• Play an instrument, Sing
• Ballroom, Salsa or Swing dance
• Rock climb, Rollerblade
• Yoga, Meditate
• Surf, Sail, Swim, Ski
• A new language
• Master your iPhone
• Paint, Make Pottery
3) Pick a cause and get involved. Helping others lifts you up ten-fold!
• Donate monthly (Greenpeace, U.N.I.C.E.F., Teenline.org)
• Join a soup kitchen (losangelesmission.org, lafoodbank.org, foodonfoot.org)
• Read to an elderly person (call your local home for the elderly) or a child (readtoachild.org, readingpartners.org)
• Even small stuff like, make a neighbor dinner and leave it for them at their door.
• Baby-sit someone’s kids for free – everyone wins
• Teach somebody something you know…(gardening, cooking, sewing, computer skills, dancing, juggling, rollerblading)
• Call your mom and listen to her vent
• Send someone flowers anonymously
4) Cook three new dishes and invite friends to try them! Applause works wonders.
Best-banana-bread-ever, Poulet Grande Mere (whole potted lemon chicken),
Turkey Ch-ch-ch-chili, Dreamy Butternut Squash Soup, Yummy-Easy Chicken Picatta, Nina’s Nana’s Baked Ziti.
5) Pick a color that makes you happy and paint either: one wall in your bedroom that color OR a whole room in your pad that color. More advanced adventurists; change that one wall 4 times, every three months and see how you feel sleeping with each color.
6) Give up white food (sugar, flour, bread, pasta) for one month and declare it your anti-inflammatory month and see how you feel.
7) Go into nature at least once a month and really smell, breathe and take in organic life.
8) Start FU journaling: every night write down who and what bugged the Sh*t out of you and rip it up and throw it out — before going to bed. Let it, know you vented and spoke your mind. Done, out… and get your ZZZZZs.
9) Light candles in your bathroom and take a bath at least twice a week for 15 minutes with lavender oil or bath salts and soak. If you can, add airy fairy music from Pandora. So good for de-stressing and loving yourself. Mmmhmmm.
10) One day a month take a day only for you. PLAY HOOKIE FROM ADULT LIFE! Your choice; a spa facial and or massage, Disneyland, a daytime double feature, read a book, bake cookies, ride a bike on the beach, hike in the mountains, go shopping (even if its only window), mani/pedi and lunch with a friend, all day Netflix and pizza delivery.